As it comes time to mix chemicals for herbicides and pesticides this spring there are a few things you should keep in mind both for safety and environmental reasons. Here at Double L Feed, we offer an extensive line of herbicides and pesticides to help you control weeds and bugs to keep your home safe and looking nice.
First and foremost, always follow mixing instructions. Adding too much concentrate in order to "make it stronger" is not always productive. It allows for more chemical to sit in the ground and eventually produce run-off which can affect water quality or allow for seepage into other areas of the soil. Not only that, this practice is economically inefficient! It is also important to always apply the chemical as directed by application method.
Be sure to wear protective clothing to cover feet, arms, and legs as well as gloves to protect your skin from chemical that might accumulate or drift on you from the wind.
It is important to read directions and safety handling instructions when mixing chemicals or pesticides to make sure that you and people exposed to the chemicals you are using stay safe and healthy.
Please feel free to stop by Double L Feed at either our Kerrville or Ingram locations to learn more about how we can help you with your weed or pest control.
- 2022 Drought Preparedness
- Drought Supplementation
- New Show Pig?
- PROTECTING YOUR FAMILY AND VEHICLES…
- From Essential Feeds: Processed Grains
- Holiday Shopping at Back 40
- Choice of Champions Livestock Products
- Trailer Lights and Safety in the Dark
- Winter Supplements
- Kicking Off Summer with Some Maintenance
- Safe-Guard De-worming Block For Cattle
- Ultramatic Feeder Parts
- DEMON WP - An Early Spring 'Adios' for Bugs
- Finding the Right Trailer for You
- The Ants Come Marching One by One..
- Fire Ants Mounding Up In Your Yard?
- Special Order Truck Accessories!!
- Stop the Weed Seed Sprouts
- Texas Elite Gilt Show